GOT A QUESTION? WE'VE GOT AN ANSWER!
- I've never been to anything like this, what should I expect and what do I do when I arrive? When you arrive you will go to the Check-In desk so we can confirm your registration and get you set up with apron, paint, brushes, and canvas. Our talented artist will lead you step-by-step through creating your masterpiece.
- What is the price of a studio paint class? Studio sessions for 16x20 canvas are $35.00 for 2 hours, $45.00 for 3 hours, 11x14 canvas are $25 for 1.5 hours.
- Will you charge my card when I make a reservation? Yes.
- I have a gift certificate/coupon, how do I indicate that when I am checking out? When you are registering for a session, you will see a box to enter a Gift Certificate or Coupon code at the top of your shopping cart. The value will be applied to the total due for your reservation.
- What if I need to change or cancel my reservation? You may cancel your reservation up to 48 before the session. If you cancel by that time the amount that was originally charged for your session will be placed as a credit on your account, and will be available to be applied for future sessions. Cancellation made within 48 hours or the class an no-shows will not be credited or refunded. To cancel, sign into your on-line account, click on “My Sessions”, use the "Change" button on the right side to cancel one or multiple seats. When you finish, your account will show an account credit that can be applied to a future class.
- Can I book a group of reservations, or does each person have to reserve individually? One person may books for a group, the total entire amount will be charged on their card at the time of booking. This will ensure that you will get the total number of seats you require at the time of booking (for example if the number of seats available in a session is close to being sold out). Collecting payment from individual group members who you have paid for is not the responsibility of Arts & Corks, as long as their seat was paid for at the time of booking.
Alternately each person can book their seat individually. There is a place in the checkout screen where you can leave a comment to indicate who you want to be seated with and we will do our best to seat you together. This allows each person in the group to pay their own way.
- What if my friends made separate reservations but we want to sit together? Use the Contact Us link on the left menu to indicate the session and the names of the people in your group. We will always do our best to accommodate any requests.
- Do you offer Gift Certificates? Absolutely! Click on Gift Certificates in the menu at the left of your screen or click here.
- Is there a minimum age? OPEN SESSIONS:
21+ Only Sessions, (session when alcohol may be served) are for ages 21 years and up unless otherwise stated on the class listing. Legal proof of age/I.D. is required to purchase/consume alcohol in the Studio.
Adult/Youth Sessions are for anyone 13 years and up. Minors (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult. (No alcohol will be served at these sessions, this will be posted on the class list if it applies)
Family/Kids Sessions are for ages 6 years and up. Children ages 6-12 require an adult chaperone. Each child/adult duo gets one canvas, 2 stools, 2 aprons. If both parents want to come with their child, we can only guarantee a chair for one parent if we have a full class. We will always do our best to make everyone comfortable! (No alcohol will be served at these sessions, this will be posted on the class list if it applies)
Since it's your guest list, there is no age minimum for private parties at Arts & Corks Studio!
How long is a paint a paint class?Unless otherwise noted, classes are 2 or 3 hours, more detailed paintings are done in the 3 hour sessions. Some kid-themed sessions are 90 minutes.
- How early should I get there and what is parking like?
We encourage you to arrive 15 to 20 minutes early so we can get checked-in and settled. We don't open the doors until 20 minutes before the start of a session, so there's no need to arrive earlier.
We have FREE street parking in downtown Puyallup! Evening parking is fairly open, however daytime parking can sometimes be a challenge, so allow yourself enough time to find parking, and walk to Arts & Corks before the start time of your scheduled event. We will get started on time and we cannot run over the scheduled end time. PLEASE NOTE: Our Studio is on S. Meridian, which is a one-way street through downtown, running from North to South (toward Southhill). If you are not familiar with downtown Puyallup, please keep an eye out for the one way signs on S. Meridian.
- What do I need to bring for my paint class? Just bring your sense of fun and inner artist, we'll supply everything else you will need for your class (paints, brushes, easel, canvas, apron, etc.)
- What size is the canvas? Our canvases are 16 x 20 inches. If we have a special class with a smaller or larger size canvas or different medium, the size will be noted in the class description.
- Will I be able to take my painting home at the end of the class? Absolutely! The classes are designed so that your painting will be dry by the end of the session, we have blow dryers available if there are a few spots that are still wet and need to be dried before you leave.
- Do I have to paint the painting in the colors pictured on your website? Not at all. This is YOUR painting, let your creativity shine! If you like the look of the featured painting as it is, our artist instructor will guide you step-by-step through it. Or you may want to change colors or parts of the picture (for example, to match your home decor, a favorite color, etc.) to create your own unique artwork. Our experienced artists are there to offer help and encourage you to "make it your own."
- What should I wear? Though we provide an apron, but we suggest you wear clothes that you won't mind getting paint on.
- What type of paint do you use? We use water-based, non-toxic, acrylic paint.
- Do you offer Private Parties or Events? If so, how can I book one? You bet! You can Book your private paint party in one of our fabulous party rooms, the Main Studio or the Loft!
Girls Night Out
Choose from our portfolio of paintings, or our talented artists can create a painting especially for your event.
CONTACT US , we'll help design a unique event just for you!
- If a class I want to take is already sold out, may I get on a waiting list, in case someone cancels?Yes! Click on the Waiting List link below a sold out session on our calendar. You will be prompted to enter your information. If a cancellation occurs, an email will automatically be sent to everyone on the waiting list notifying of the opening(s). At that time, the first person to reserve the newly vacant seat will get it.
- May I bring my baby/toddler/young child to an adult session with me? No. For two reasons. 1) We are a Bar, no minors are allowed in the Main Studio, 2) at Family & Kids events held in the Loft the studio, where age 6 and up are allowed to paint with a parent present, infants and toddlers are a distraction for other painters. While painting is a relaxing and enjoyable experience, it does require your full attention and both hands to do so. We love babies and children as much as you do, however, please arrange for childcare before your session. This will allow you to relax and unwind without having to care for your child(ren).
- I forgot my password, how can I log in? Go to Forgot Password at the top left of this page and enter your email address. Instructions will be emailed to you to reset the password for your account.
- Is my information private?
Yes. We do not record your financial information. We do NOT share your email or personal information with outside companies.
- What methods of payment do you accept ? Our online system allows us to accept PayPal, Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover.